We have a collaboration with The Scratching Post Cat Rescue where our homeless cats are cared for, cleaned, neutered, chipped and medically checked before they come to us at Java Whiskers.
When you are interested in adopting a cat
1. Come visit Java Whiskers and meet the cats, you can book a time here.
2. Register your interest directly by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, providing the following information:
- First & Last name
- Home address
- Email address & Phone number
- Which cat are you interested in?
Either name of cat or ‘open’ if you do not have a specific cat in mind.
- Have you ever had a cat before?
- Do you have other pets at home and if so, how many?
- Will the cat be living with any children? (please specify ages)
- Are you looking for an indoor or outdoor cat?
- Describe the living environment your adopted cat would experience in your home.
- Tell us a bit about yourself…
Have an extra look to make sure that you’ve provided all the above stated information.
It’s needed for your application to be complete. The Scratching Post will contact you within 2 weeks if you application has been successful!
3. The Scratching Post Manager will review all emails. If you are selected as a potential adopter you will then be contacted by The Scratching Post for a virtual home check. This will be done via video call and will take approximately 20-30 minutes. During the call you will be asked to show us around your home as well as answer some further questions. You will also be asked for proof of address eg council tax bill.
4. If successful, the Scratching Post will contact you to confirm.
5. Adoption will take place from the Java Whiskers Café by appointment agreed with Java Whiskers. On adoption you will be provided with the cat’s vaccination card, chip registration forms to be completed and one month’s Pet Plan insurance.
The adoption fee is £80 per cat.
This covers microchip, spaying, the first set of vaccinations, veterinarian check and worming & flea treatment.
Included as a gift from us you will get a Husse goodie bag, a name tag and collar.
The café houses 10 cats during each cycle for rehoming. There will be more than 10 applications. Therefore, it is inevitable that some applications may not be successful for each cat. If you are unsuccessful, you may wish to be kept on file for future cats, or alternatively rehome direct from The Scratching Post, where there are many other cats waiting to be adopted.
By registering your interest in a cat, you are in acceptance that Java Whiskers and The Scratching Post reserve the right to make any final choice of adopter. These decisions will be made in the very best interests of the cat.
When rehoming one or two of our cats, the most important aspect is finding the right match for both the cats and the owners.